Preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them for later use is a great way to stay on track with your nutritional goals (learn more here).
These delicious oatmeal cups can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 weeks. They make a quick and hearty breakfast or snack.
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups blueberries, washed and dried
- Combine water, milk, and oats in a large saucepan and cook according to package instructions.
- Allow cooked oats to cool.
- Divide oats between 12 muffin tins lined with paper or silicone liners.
- Top oatmeal with 1/4 cup blueberries and 1 tablespoon sliced almonds.
- Cover the muffin tins with plastic wrap and freeze 6-8 hours or until solid.
- Once frozen, remove oatmeal cups from the tin and transfer to plastic freezer bag or container.
- Keep frozen until ready to use.
- When you are ready to eat, remove an oatmeal cup from the freezer, place it in a saucepan with 1-2 tablespoons water or almond milk and heat slowly until warm or microwave for 3-5 minutes.