In previous posts, I have encouraged you to take action toward your goals, ( Are You Doing Everything You Can to Achieve Your Goals?, Take Action) But sometimes, it can be difficult to figure out what action to take.
To help you conquer this barrier and take the action you need to achieve your goal, I have developed this little game.
What you need:
- 20-30 blank index cards
- Colored markers or pens
- Your list of Achievements for 2016-2017
How to play:
- On the blank side of an index card, write down 1 of the goals from your list.
- On the lined side, write out 4-5 actions you can take to achieve that goal.
- Actions can include: 3-4 minutes spent visualizing the goal as already achieved, making a phone call, purchasing a web address, doing internet research associated with your goal, finding a class, joining a social club, or going to the gym. Think of as many actions as you can, big and small. Use an extra card if necessary.
- Repeat this process for each of your goals.
- Every morning when you wake up, shuffle the cards, and select one.
- Read the goal out loud, then pick 1 of the actions to perform that day.
- Before the end of the day, TAKE that ACTION!
- Create actions that will motivate and challenge you to achieve your goal.
- Don’t take the easy way out each time you select a goal. For example, visualizing the goal as achieved is an effective and worthy action, but that alone will not be enough to propel you to your goal.
- Whichever action you choose that day, YOU MUST TAKE IT!
This game is a lot of fun and can truly keep you on track toward reaching your goals. Have fun and enjoy playing. Making the journey to your goal exciting and entertaining is the best way to ensure you make it all of the way.
Give it a try and leave your feedback and results in the comment section below.