In past blogs, I have encouraged you to make a list of the things you want to achieve in the next 2 years. If you missed past blogs you can check them out here.
If it has been a few weeks since you looked at your list, now is a great time to review your goals.
This month, rather than just reading over our lists, we are going to take some time to rewrite it. However, we aren’t simply going to rehash old words. We are going to kick our achievements up a notch. How you may ask? By adding the words, “I choose…” to the beginning of each achievement.
Sometimes, when we create a goal or a dream it becomes something we HAVE TO do:
“I have to lose 10lbs by summer.”
“I have to become a successful author.”
“I have to find my soul mate.”
We forget that this was something we wanted to do. Now, our goal has become work rather than something we enjoy or look forward to achieving. Our dream gets lost in the drudgery of day-to-day life. Slowly, we become less enthusiastic about our dream, particularly if we are not seeing much progress.
By rewriting our goals with the words, “I choose” in front of them, we remind ourselves that this goal was one WE chose to create, not something put upon us by family, coworkers, or society. It reignites our original passion for our dream. It reminds us WE are in charge of our success!
So, without further ado, here is what I choose to achieve in 2016-2017:
- I CHOOSE to purchase a Jeep Wrangler XL by 12/1/16
- I CHOOSE to sell >500 copies of Cooking with Your Canine by 12/31/16
- I CHOOSE to have >1000 followers to my health and wellness blog by 11/1/16
- I CHOOSE to donate $1000 to children charities in 2016
- I CHOOSE to develop 5 new friendships by 3/1/17
- I CHOOSE to take 4, 3-4 day vacations in 2016
- I CHOOSE to take a safari in Africa by 8/31/17
- I CHOOSE to spend a minimum of 15 minutes per day meditating or doing a guided meditation
Health and Fitness
- I CHOOSE to improve my flexibility by spending at least 15 minutes every day stretching or doing yoga
Now that you’ve seen my list, add a few of the achievements you choose to make in the comment section below. This is a great way to display your commitment to you dream and gain the support of fellow dreamers!
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook!