This is the day I encourage you to make a list of the things for which you are grateful.
We know that expressing feelings of gratitude provides a variety of benefits including:
- Increasing happiness
- Improving mental health
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Magnifying positive thinking
- Promoting better sleep
- Enhancing mental focus and creativity
- Boosting physical health, especially the immune system
- Improving relationships and making us feel more connected to others
- Raising self-esteem
In addition, expressing gratitude draws more things to be thankful for into our lives through the Law of Attraction.
Having an “Attitude of Gratitude” can transform our lives in amazing and unexpected ways. But, we must practice it on a daily basis. “Thank You Thursday” is my way of helping you make a habit of saying, “Thank You” to God, the Universe, and anyone/anything else you choose. Remember to give “thanks” for the good and not so good experiences in your life. Sometimes the icky stuff helps us grow and learn the most.
So today, write out your list, post it on Facebook, tweet it to the heavens, or tell everyone you meet “Thank you for being in my life”. Even better, share your list in the comment section below so other people can be inspired by your gratitude.
THANK YOU for reading!
PS- Here are a few things from my list:
- I am grateful I woke to see the sun rise this morning.
- I am grateful for my dog, Jake, and the way he makes me smile and laugh every day.
- I am grateful for my amazing clients.
- I am grateful for my car. She is dependable, fuel-efficient, and comfortable.
- I am grateful I have the opportunity to learn and grow each day.
- I am grateful for the clothes in my closet.
- I am grateful for the money in my bank account.
- I am grateful to my utility companies for my power, water, and internet.
- I am grateful for my home.
- I am grateful for my furniture, electronics, dishes, and other material possessions.
- I am grateful for all of the people in my life that helped me become the person I am today.